Wireless Access at Touro Libraries
Please check with Local Library staff on access methods.
Wireless is available at Midtown, Midwood (Flatbush), Women's Building, Kew Gardens Hills, Kings Highway, and Bay Shore.
Once you open browser a log-in screen automatically loads. If it doesn't, go to mytouro.touro.edu.
Enter Portal username and password.
Once the Portal loads, continue browsing to another site to complete the log-in process.
Occasionally while using your iOS device, you may notice unexpected Wi-Fi behavior:
- Difficulty locating or connecting to a network
- Unexpected Wi-Fi signal strength or disconnects
- Inability to access the Internet
- Not automatically connecting to Wi-Fi when expected
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the above issues:
- Be sure you're in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point).
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your Wi-Fi setting is dimmed, follow these steps.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and connected to the Internet. If not, refer to your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
- Tap and Forget this Network.
- Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
- Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
- Update your device to the latest version of software.
- Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.